Your mouthguard is manufactured from premium medical grade EVA (Ethylene Vinyl Acetate)
To get the best from your mouthguard and maintain it in a hygienic condition, please:
- Rinse your mouth and mouthguard frequently with cool water whilst using your guard.
- After use, rinse in running water and then wash in cool soapy water or brush with toothpaste.(Rinsing in anti-bacterial mouthwash will enhance hygiene and longevity of your guard)
- Rinse, dry and place in its container. Store in a cool dry place.
- If you develop a build up of debris on your mouthguard, remove debris by soaking with a denture cleansing tablet in cool water overnight (we recommend Polident Fast Action tablets)
- Keep mouthguard away from your pet dog!
Distortion of your mouthguard will affect the protective nature of your guard.
- Avoid heat
- Do not chew or apply prolonged undue pressure
Due to rapid changes in children and adolescent mouths (growth spurts), orthodontic considerations and general wear and tear on your mouthguard, it is recommended to undergo a yearly check by your Gobsmacked team to assess your mouthguard for fit, comfort and ultimate protection. ‘Gobsmacked Sports Mouthguards’ are made to scientifically researched dimensions and materials.
Whilst a mouthguard will protect against most blows, ‘Gobsmacked’ cannot guarantee against injury to the mouth, teeth and surrounding tissue from all blows. Nor will ‘gobsmacked’ guarantee that your mouthguard will continue to fit throughout your sporting season.